Whitefriar Street Church is a Dublin church located in the city centre. Very popular, it is known to house Our Lady of Dublin as well as the relics of St. Valentine. To be discovered for its history and the beauty of its architecture!
Whitefriar Street Church is located not far from St. Patrick’s Cathedral. The church was founded in 1279, dispossessed during the Reformation and restored in 1825. Since 1974 it has been under the care of the Carmelite Order.
The house of worship contains notable details, including a sanctuary with the remains of St. Valentine, which Pope Gregory XVI donated to the church in 1835.
There are also shrines for Our Lady of Dublin and St. Albert of Sicily.
The architecture of the church is worth a visit. Please note that photos inside are subject to a fee.