Enniscrone Cliffs Bath is a beachfront building on the Enniscrone promenade in Sligo County. Rather atypical, this white building looks like a strange castle with towers and battlements. Built in 1850 by the Orme family, this castle was actually used as a spa. Its proximity to the sea made it an ideal place to enjoy the benefits of fresh sea water, located a few meters away.
The “Enniscrone Cliffs Bath” building has something to appeal to first time visitors. Its retro white, castle-like look, built on the bank, seems to appear almost out of nowhere. It consists of crenellated walls, towers, and a pool dug into the rock in front of the castle.
The pool was once known as the “Baby Rock” because Irish mothers used it to bathe their young children, convinced of the beneficial effects of sea water on their offspring during hot weather.
The terms were used not only to cool down, but also to recharge their batteries and to enjoy a moment of peace and quiet, in touch with nature.
An ideal building for a moment of relaxation and comfort for the time!
Today, the Enniscrone Cliffs Bath is no longer in use. However, it is considered one of the most curious tourist attractions in Enniscrone!