In Ireland, there is a custom that most foods eaten on St. Patrick’s Day proudly display the country’s national colour! In other words, green! That’s why you’re sure to fall for this 100% Irish popcorn recipe!
Taste the green popcorn
A festive and gourmet popcorn!
St. Patrick’s Day popcorn
On St. Patrick’s Day “all is green!” Even the popcorn, which is dressed in its most beautiful colours for the occasion! This recipe is one of the easiest to make for this great day. It’s quite fun, and should even appeal to children!
For the occasion, some Irish cinemas are offering their own “green popcorn” for the 17th of February. Its caramelized taste makes it a great treat for the whole family!
St. Patrick’s Day Popcorn Recipe
- 500g of corn
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 drops of green food colouring
Alcohol abuse is dangerous for your health. Consume in moderation.
- Mix in a thick-bottomed saucepan the sugars, water, corn syrup, vinegar and salt.
- Stir over medium heat until it boils
- Cook until the thermometer reads 250 degrees.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter
- Mix by incorporating the green food colouring.
- At the same time, stir-fry the popcorn in an oiled, covered saucepan
- All you have to do is pour the mixture over the popcorn when it’s ready.
- Mix well to coat
- Just let a eu cool down and enjoy!
Still so much to discover!