Ah, cupcake madness… This craze has literally contaminated Ireland, which likes to revisit the cupcake in all directions! Chocolate cupcake, strawberry cupcake… there are even many cupcake recipes for Saint Patrick’s Day! A greedy excuse to celebrate March 17th!
Taste the St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes
Thousands of variations for unique results!
Of course, the recipe we are going to present you is not the only one existing in Ireland. There are thousands of them and it’s all a matter of envy! Nevertheless, our recipe based on chocolate, Bailey’s and Guinness should seduce you! On the program, sweetness, chocolate, and a touch of green to better celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!
In short, something to feast on while staying on Irish time! Don’t hesitate to use your imagination on the decoration: the more kitsch, the better! To be enjoyed with a good cup of Irish tea!
For eight cupcakes:
- 150g of flour
- 150g of sugar
- 120g of butter
- 45g cocoa powder
- 1 plain yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 of a sachet of baking powder
- 125ml of Guinness
- 60 g butter
- 200 g icing sugar
- 60 ml Bailey’s
- a few drops of green food colouring
Alcohol abuse is dangerous for your health. Consume in moderation.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- In a bowl, beat the egg, butter and sugar.
- Add flour, cocoa, yeast and salt.
- Stir well.
- Then add the yoghurt and Guinness.
- Stir until you obtain a smooth dough (should not be liquid: add flour if necessary).
- Place the preparation in special cupcake silicone moulds.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the icing by beating together the butter, icing sugar, Bailey’s and green food colouring.
- Place the frosting in a piping bag and decorate each cupcake once baked.
- Note that you can add sugar decorations if you need them.
- Bon appétit!
Still so much to discover!