The Irish Apple Cake is a typical Irish cake, very appreciated at snack or breakfast time! Tasty and soft, it will delight your taste buds!
The Irish Apple Cake
An apple cake, baked in the Irish way
The Irish are specialists in fruit cakes. And the Irish Apple Cake is one of them!
A clever blend of apples, walnuts and cinnamon, this cake is a great classic of Irish cuisine. Often eaten at tea time, it goes perfectly with a little whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Many Irish pastry shops usually offer this type of cake for less than 2€ per portion.
Irish Apple Cake Recipe
- 150g powdered sugar
- 150g of flour
- 30cl of milk
- 80g chopped nuts
- 70g softened butter
- 4 Granny Smith apples, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Alcohol abuse is dangerous for your health. Consume in moderation.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- In a salad bowl, blanch the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg, apples, nuts, milk and vanilla.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until you obtain a homogeneous paste. Extend with milk or flour if necessary. The mixture should be slightly thick.
- Transfer the dough to a buttered baking tin and bake for 45 minutes.
- Once cooked, don’t hesitate to fry it for a few minutes.
- Serve hot, with whipped cream.