Informations pratiques :
In Ireland, Irish Fish Pie is one of the rather nice specialities to discover! It is nothing more or less than a simple fish pie, but the Irish have the art and the way to accommodate them! A pure delight!
Taste the Irish Fish Pie
A fish and potato parmentier!
Sometimes it is the simplest things that are also the most delicious! The proof is with this irish fish pie! Many local restaurants and irish pubs will offer you this dish à la carte, but nothing prevents you from following our recipe below!
The result is tasty!
Irish Fish Pie Recipe
- 1kg of white fish fillets and a steak of Irish salmon
- 1kg of potatoes
- 20 cl dry white wine
- 200g of cooked shrimps
- 200g button mushrooms
- 150ml of heavy cream
- 120g of butter
- 50g of flour
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Place half of the crumbled fish pieces in a buttered baking dish
- Sprinkle with white wine, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take the dish out of the oven and remove the cooking juices separately.
- Fry the mushrooms in a pan in a little butter and place them in the dish with the fish.
- Add the shrimps and place the rest of the fish on top.
- Then boil a pot of salted water and put the potatoes in it for 25 minutes.
- Once cooked, puree and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the flour and the remaining butter to make a kind of béchamel sauce.
- When the mixture turns red, add the cooking juices from the fish, and add the crème fraîche.
- Just pour the sauce over the fish, and spread a layer of mashed potatoes on the dish.
- Bake at 220°C for 25 minutes.
- Serve hot with a pint of Guinness.
On the same topic: