Would you like to try a typical Irish recipe? Guinness Pudding is one of the country’s must-tries! Although less known by tourists, this speciality uses one of the most emblematic products: Guinness beer!
Taste the Guinness Pudding
An Irish recipe, again and again with stout!
Des Guinness Pudding – https://comeandseetheseitz.com
Want to impress your friends and revisit Guinness in a gourmet way? Guinness Pudding is for you! It is a creamy preparation made with Guinness, egg yolks, sugar and cream. A real treat that the Irish love to enjoy as a dessert, at snack time, or on the occasion of St. Patrick’s Day!
Easy to make, it can be prepared in Irish homes. But there are also ready-made ones in the shops (Guinness itself sells some!). The final result is tasty, halfway between a Viennese yoghurt and a cake. In short, happiness!
Guinness Pudding Recipe
- 6 egg yolks
- 80g powdered sugar
- 1 can of Guinness
- 200g of fresh cream
- 150g pastry chocolate
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks and sugar.
- Meanwhile, heat half the Guinness and 150g of crème fraîche in a saucepan.
- Stir until it comes to a gentle boil, then turn off the heat.
- Then add the chocolate and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Then add the egg yolk/sugar mixture. Stir continuously to prevent the yolk from cooking.
- Return to low heat. The mixture should gradually thicken after 10 minutes / 15 minutes maximum.
- Then place the mixture in glasses or bowls. Wrap them in cling film and store in the fridge for 1 hour.
- During this time, bring the remaining Guinness to the boil in another saucepan. Reduce the heat for 20 minutes over low heat, stirring regularly.
- Then leave to cool.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining crème fraîche, the Guinness syrup and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Beat until a kind of whipped cream is obtained.
- Just take your bowls out of the fridge and decorate your pudding with whipped cream!
- Enjoy your meal!
On the same topic :