Chocolate Guinness cake is a key recipe in Irish cuisine. Fine, tasty, and rather sweet on the palate it is a wonderful dessert to enjoy with friends! Besides you will notice the strange similarity of the cake with a pint of Guinness.
Taste Chocolate Guinness cake
A great dessert based on the famous irish beer!
If you are greedy and want to give an Irish touch to your cooking, then chocolate Guinness cake is for you!
This cake is served in most Irish homes on special occasions (birthdays, big events, St Patrick etc.)
It’s easy to make and it can be presented in the form of big cakes or mini cupcakes for more conviviality. It’s based on a chocolate cake, in which sour creme, butter and Guinness have been added. This beer brings a very pleasant caramelized touch.
Some local pastry shops offer this cake at rather economical prices from 2.50 € per slice to 7/8 €per cake.
Chocolate Guinness cake recipe
- 400 g sugar
- 275 g plain flour
- 230 g butter
- 100 g chopped dark chocolate
- 1 can of Guinness
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- Whipped cream
Alcohol abuse is dangerous for your health. Consume in moderation.
- Put the chocolate, the butter and sugar in a saucepan and allow the beer to heat.
- Stir until a smooth and homogeneous emulsion is formed
- Remove from the heat and let it cool to room temperature
- Add the eggs, the sour cream, the flour and the baking powder
- Stir to obtain a smooth and lumpy mixture
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4
- Grease cupcakes tin with butter
- Pour the mixture into the tins
- Bake for about 40 to 50 minutes
- Spread the whipped cream over the warm cake and serve
Still so much to discover!