The Chicken and Leek Pie is an Irish pie made with chicken, bacon, mushrooms and leeks. All cooked in cream of course! Delicious, it is often tasted in Irish Pubs, and are nourishing to perfection! A delicacy!
Taste the Chicken and Leek Pie
A convivial and 100% Irish dish!
Chicken and Leek Pie is an everyday dish in Ireland. Tasteful and invigorating, it is above all a clever mix of flavours, which should satisfy even the hungriest of you!
It usually uses shredded chicken breasts, bacon browned in butter (a bit caloric!), leeks, mushrooms, milk, and cream. For the more demanding, this pie is served with boiled potatoes and a creamy sauce.
Count about 8/12€ the dish in a restaurant or in an irish pub. The result is tasty and invigorating!
Chicken and Leek Pie Recipe
- 6 chicken breasts
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 100g of bacon
- 100g of mushrooms
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 leeks washed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 pints of chicken broth
- 2 rolls of puff pastry
- salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken into pieces and fry it in a pan in a little olive oil. Reserve when it is golden brown.
- In another frying pan, fry the sliced leeks, bacon and onions in olive oil. Cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the flour and stir again.
- Then add the chicken broth, the golden chicken, and the mushrooms.
- Cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, and add the cream.
- Reduce until you obtain a sauce of a homogeneous consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a dish covered with puff pastry.
- Then cover with the second roll of dough.
- Bake for about 25 minutes at 200°C.
- Serve with vegetables.
- Enjoy your meal!
So much more to discover...