Everyone loves it: Banoffee pie is a very popular dessert in Ireland! Of British origin, it is served in most gastronomic pubs and consists of banana, toffee, milk jam and whipped cream. A caloric snack!
The Bannoffee Pie
A British specialty
The Bannoffee Pie is a sweet little marvel, which can be enjoyed without realizing it!
Based on shortbread dough, this cake is then a stack of layers, alternating slices of bananas, milk jam and whipped cream.
The whole can be sprinkled with chocolate chips, caramel for more delicacy or pieces of roasted bananas! A real delight!
Most pubs and restaurants serve this dessert for less than 6/7€. We challenge you not to enjoy it!
Banoffee Pie Recipe
- 150g of shortbread biscuits
- 80g melted butter
- 1 jar of milk jam
- 3 bananas
- 25 cl whole whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of icing sugar
- bitter cocoa
- caramel sauce
Alcohol abuse is dangerous for your health. Consume in moderation.
- Break the shortbread biscuits into small pieces and mix them to obtain fine breadcrumbs.
- Then mix the breadcrumbs with the melted butter
- Pour the preparation obtained into a mould and smooth. Then place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes…
- Once the dough has hardened, spread with milk jam.
- Place banana slices on top.
- Beat the liquid cream to obtain a firm whipped cream, and add the icing sugar to the whipped cream.
- Arrange it on top of the cake
- Place in a cool place for 1 hour, then serve quickly, sprinkled with cocoa and caramel coulis.