For the gourmets in search of something new, we advise you to try Bailey’s Cheesecake, a typically Irish dessert, whose recipe was created by R&A Baileys, the famous company that produces Bailey’s Irish Cream! Always anxious to better sell its alcohols, the company had the good idea to create a tailor-made dessert, to satisfy the fine gourmets! And the results are most delicious!
Taste Bailey’s Cheesecake
A cheesecake with Irish whiskey liqueur!
The Bailey’s recipe is so successful that Bailey’s Cheesecake has become a kind of national dessert, popular with a large number of Irish people!
Fine and delicious, it is a clever blend of fresh cheese (mascarpone), butter and Bayley’s Irish Cream, all served on a gourmet shortbread. The result is rather rich and a bit caloric, but the whole will deliver a rather fine and airy cake!
You can easily find them in most local Irish restaurants and pubs. Count less than 5€ a share… with the risk of getting a taste and asking for more!
Generally, this cheesecake is served on big family occasions (birthdays, anniversaries, parties, family meals) or on St. Patrick’s Day. Accompanied by a good coffee or irish breakfast tea, this cake is a marvel!
Bailey’s Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 packs of shortbread
- 60g soft butter
- 500g of mascarpone
- 3 eggs
- 140g of sugar
- 150 ml Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 fresh vanilla bean
- dark chocolate chips
- white chocolate shavings
Alcohol abuse is dangerous for your health. Consume in moderation.
- Preheat the oven, thermostat 6
- Crush the biscuits and add them to the soft butter until you obtain a homogeneous shortbread dough
- Place the mixture in a baking dish, making sure that it is 2cm thick all over
- Place in the oven and leave to set for 5 minutes, once your oven is hot
- In a salad bowl, mix the mascarpone, sugar, egg yolks, Bailey’s, and the inside of the vanilla bean
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form
- Then add them to the mixture
- Spread the preparation on the shortbread crust
- Place in the oven for one hour, at thermostat 4
- At the end of baking, turn off the oven and let it cool inside the oven until it returns to room temperature
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator and leave it for 6 hours
- Sprinkle with dark and white chocolate shavings before serving
- Enjoy your meal!
Still so much to discover!